Sunday, August 21, 2016

Hello World


Last Sunday I decided to start a tender mercy journal. I want to write down a tender mercy for every day... I ended up writing things that may not be considered tender mercies, but things that I just thought were awesome! Yesterday after I had typed up that day's entry, I thought that I could make this into a blog. Partly because I know that my mom would very much enjoy it. Also, I feel like having a blog about my tender mercies will help me recognize them more.

It took me some thinking to come up with the name of the blog. I almost named it "I hope this works." I thought it was fitting for a few reasons. I hope that it gets me to do something with my spare time other than watch youtube, especially on Sundays. I hope that I stick to keeping up this blog. Before I made that name official, I thought it was a little tacky. I wanted something cool. Some sort of symbol or something that would become a symbol to me. I decided on Currant Bush because in Sunday school today the Mormon Message, The Will of God, was shown. I liked the idea of how we are the currant bush. God is our gardener and we need to trust Him and strive to become what He wants us to become.


My plan for this blog is that each week I will post some tender mercies from the week. Also if I feel the desire, I will probably post other things in the middle of the week. It's kind of just what ever I feel like sharing. I feel like sharing a few things right now, but I feel like this post is already really wordy, so I may make some posts this week.


Tender Mercy Journal


     Last Semester (I feel like adding this because it's really cool)
I was working on physics homework and I got stuck on a problem. I took a nap and as I was waking up I figured out how to solve the problem.

14 August 2016, Sunday

I was walking by apartment 1 and saw Kyler and Clayton and they reminded me about their apartment council. It's something that I've gone to the last couple weeks. The main thing they do is set goals for themselves for the up coming week.
After I did something silly, Kyler said with a laugh, “Why are you my favorite?”

15 August 2016, Monday

I go downstairs to apartment 1, so I can borrow Nathan’s toolbox to replace my tube on my bike that I’ve been trying to patch for a few days. He wasn’t home, so I decided to sit down. About a minute later, he comes home.

16 August 2016, Tuesday
I was able to help my roommate, Marcus. He was looking for his cooking sheet and I went to the lounge to ask Eric if he knew where it was. He was able to point me in the right direction and I got it back for him. I haven’t talked with Marcus that much, so it felt really good to help him out.
I was done with homework a lot sooner than expected.

     17 August 2016, Wednesday
I went to the temple today and I was able to stay awake for the entire session. I prayed last night that I would be able to stay awake. Sadly, I haven’t been able to do that in awhile.
I was playing pool and I made a really cool shot. There was a ball near the pocket. I don’t know why I didn’t just directly hit it, but I decided to hit another ball and had the cue ball do a back spin into the ball that was near the pocket and it went in! It was amazing. I surprised myself.
Somehow St. Augustine’s Confessions isn’t boring me to death and it’s not taking me forever to read each little part of it. It’s still not very entertaining, but I’m so glad it’s as good as it is.

18 August 2016, Thursday

I found out that I don’t need to read all of St. Augustine’s Confessions. I’m so happy about that. I didn’t want to read over 300 pages of that.
I’m just happy about my bike today. I love it. When I ride it, it feels like I’m flying.
Clean checks were today. I love the feeling of a home after it has been cleaned. When I clean the apartment, I feel like I’ve been productive and I feel good.
I learned how to do a hanging indent in LibreOffice Writer. It's like Microsoft Word for Linux.

     19 August 2016, Friday
I was able to practice the piano and I felt like my abilities were improved since the last time I had played. I want to be able to sight read hymns.
I didn’t spend much time on youtube (at least not as much as the past several days). I’m really happy about that. I don’t want to waste my time away watching it.

    20 August 2016, Saturday
I was able to help a guy named Joshua. I don’t know him, but I found his wallet at the I-center. I was able to email him and tell him that I have it. The lost and found was closed, so I waited by there with his wallet. When he came to pick it up, he gave me two dollars. He said he would have lost all of it if it wasn't for me... There's plenty of nice people here. I'm sure he would've gotten it. Anyway, I try not turn down acts of charity, so I accepted it.
I guess this is meant to be a tender mercy journal. The things that let me know that God knows and loves you personally. I don’t know if this experience really counts, but it makes me feel good. It makes me feel happy. So I suppose that this could count as a tender mercy. Is another way that tender mercies are manifest is just being able to see God’s influence in our lives? Whether it be through us or to us, or even just seeing others receive a tender mercy? It sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment