Thursday, February 9, 2017

Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis

A few days ago, in the mail I received Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis. It's Harry Potter in Latin. In my Latin 102 class, we'll start reading it at the end of the semester. I'm really excited for it. It shouldn't be too hard as long as I know the vocabulary. The grammar will definitely be easier than poetry, which can be all over the place; placing words in seemingly random places in each sentence.



In Latin we're currently doing a little bit of poetry mixed in with our normal readings. Listening to Latin poetry is quite soothing due to its rhythm.

I took Latin last semester too. I had been studying Latin for the past couple years on my own. I didn't get too much of an in depth study, but it helped a lot. I was also off track, so I had time to study, but I loved that class and I'm loving my class now. I love Latin; it's a strong and powerful language. I feel that anyone that takes Latin knows that it's not useless. It's awesome!

Anyway, I don't know what to say besides that I'm really looking forward to reading Harrius Potter. I've been looking through it and reading what little I can. I'm really excited. I love the idea of modern books being translated into Latin. I'm not much into reading, but I feel like this would be something I would like to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment